Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Anatomy manual: Pelvis. 1997. Available at: http://www.emory.edu/home/index.html; http://www.emory.edu/ANATOMY/AnatomyManual/pelvis.html. Accessed October 14, 2017.
- The sacrotuberous ligament: a conceptual approach to its dynamic role in stabilizing the sacroiliac joint.Clin Biomech. 1989; 4: 210-213
- Anatomical study of the pudendal nerve adjacent to the sacrospinous ligament.Clin Anat. 2005; 3: 200-205
- Sexual functions of the pubococcygeal muscle.West J Surg Obstet Gynecol. 1952; 10: 521-524
- Manual therapy for the peripheral nerves.Elsevier, New York2007
- Therapeutic management of incontinence and pelvic pain: pelvic organ disorders.Springer- Verlag, London2002
- Low back pain and pelvic pain during pregnancy: prevalence and risk factors.Spine. 2005; 30: 983-991
- Serum relaxin and pelvic pain of pregnancy.Lancet. 1989; 328: 243-245
- Musculoskeletal origins of chronic pelvic pain: diagnosis and treatment.Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am. 1993; 20: 719-742
- The efficacy of a treatment program focusing on specific stabilizing exercises for pelvic girdle pain after pregnancy.Spine. 2004; 29: 351-359
- Prevalence of diastasis recti abdominis in a urogynecological patient population.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2007; 18: 321-328
- The effects of an exercise program on diastasis recti abdominis in pregnant women.J Womens Health Phys Therap. 2005; 29: 11-16
- The discomforts of pregnancy.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 1996; 25: 73-81
- Pelvic floor trauma following vaginal delivery.Curr Opin Obstet Gyencol. 2006; 18: 528-537
- Fourth international consultation on incontinence recommendations of the international scientific committee: evaluation and treatment of urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, and fecal incontinence.Neurol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 213-240
- Peri-operative physiotherapy improved outcomes for women undergoing incontinence and or prolapse surgery: results of a randomized controlled trial.Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2005; 45: 300-303
- Pelvic floor muscle training is effective in treatment of female stress urinary incontinence, but how does it work?.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2004; 15: 76-84
- Does a three-month pelvic muscle exercise intervention improve the effectiveness of the knack in reducing cough induced urine loss on standing stress test?.Int Urogynecol J. 1998; 46: 870-874
- Physical therapy evaluation of patients with chronic pelvic pain: a controlled study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 198: 272.e1-7
- Musculoskeletal factors in chronic pelvic pain.J Psychom Obstet Gynaecol. 1991; 12: 87-98
- Recognition and management of nonrelaxing pelvic floor dysfunction.May Clin Proc. 2012; 87: 187-193
- Biofeedback therapy for constipation in adults.Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2011; 25: 159-166
- The role of pelvic floor therapy in the treatment of pelvic and genital pain-related sexual dysfunction.J Sex Med. 2008; 5: 513-523
- A prospective study of pelvic floor physical therapy: pain and psychosexual outcomes in provoked vestibulodynia.J Sex Med. 2009; 6: 1955-1968
Sarrel S. Five things that pelvic health physical therapy can do to improve your endometriosis-related pain. Endometriosis.org global forum for news and information. 2015. Available at: endometriosis.org/news/opinion/five-things-that-pelvic-health-physical-therapy-can-do-to-improve-your-endometriosis-related-pain/. Accessed November 4, 2017.
- Pudendal neuralgia.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010; 17: 148-153
- Pitfalls in the effective diagnosis and treatment of pudendal nerve entrapment.Int Pelvic Pain Soc VISION. 2006; 13: 1-3
Disclosure: The authors of this article have no conflict of interest or financial disclosure.